Friday, February 8, 2008

premier

Hi, my name is Kiera Messing.
And I'm an alcoholic...no no just kidding. Okay Let's just say I'm an art-o-holic. I use computers quite frequently, for leisure...for school, and sometimes work. I've used photoshop before this course-- for photos, art projects, cards, etcetera.

I'm taking this course because I want to further my computers art skills. As well as my technical skills. After sitting through the first class, my intentions for learning are a little broader. I would like to revisit my creativity as an artist because for the past few years, I feel like I've lost the passion. Or something...Right as class began, and we'd talked for awhile, I thought of all the projects I'd been grapling with over the last year, and never really had the motivation or means to do them. I've been asked to do a logo for our family band, "The Messing Link", which I began about six months ago and then dropped it because I lost interest. I also had an idea of doing a series of presidential pieces, that would feature different presidents doing activities. I guess that is just my way of linking art and history, two things I very much enjoy. Lastly, I wanted to do some photo restorations, and possibly alter them in certain ways.

I generally work on PC's. The layout of Macs are utterly foreign to me.

I do identify as an artist, most of my art was done in highschool. I've taken art classes all through schooling. And once out of highschool, I focused more on music. I love music. Probably more than life itself.

To ease my journey through this class, and be the most sucessful, I need to be prepared with projects to work on every week. And I need to make sure I drink lots of coffee in the morning. 8:30 am is not my peak time of alertness.

No comments: