Thursday, February 14, 2008

Aqua Maestro!

Last class period we scanned in our collages, made from pictures, etc. cut out of magazines. I really enjoyed making it! I feel like I haven't done anything like it since I was a kid. I really got lost in it though, and created something reminiscent of what I'd think an LSD trip would look like. The two magazines that I used were, a yacht magazine and Seattle Homes--therefore, my theme is centered around architecture and the ocean. Which then transformed into being about the little pengin in the center, the Aqua Maestro.


Here's the original:





And here's the edited-photoshop version:




It's not much different, but I think I still like the original better. When editing the collage, I used mostly layers, and manipulating the layers with the filters. I did a little bit of other things, like cloning, and copying images.



The other piece I did in class last saturday was a photo that I manipulated by creating layers, and moving other images onto that photo. And after I'd done that I moved it into Corel, fiddled around with it and then moved it back into photoshop. I still want to reflect the lightening in the water. I'm not exactly sure how to do that.






1 comment:

simplistic said...

Great composition on the first collage! Looks very trendy :)